Quick updates and bulletins below
Looking for a Christmas Gift idea?????
How about an original gift that your SN Student will LOVE? These designer shades will be a hit next spring/summer on the track or ball field. Get yours today in the High School Office. Limited Quantity—Hurry before they are gone!
SOUTH NEWTON SPORTS
December 6, 2016
5:00 PM Basketball (Boys 6) @ Williamsport Elementary
5:00 PM Wrestling (Boys V) Vs. NJSP
6:00 PM Basketball (Girls V ) Vs. North Newton High School
The IHSAA and NFHS are asking students to share their personal reasons for participating in high school sports and extra-curricular activities.
If you would like to share your story for getting up at 5:00 am for practice. Or what drives you to finish your homework so that you can make your choir/band performance. Is it just fun or do you love the connections that you make with friends and teammates.
You can share your story at nfhs.org/myreasonwhy and it may be selected for a national campaign in 2017.
To: Member School Principals and Athletic Administrators
From: Bobby Cox, Commissioner
Re: NFHS #MyReasonWhy Campaign
The Indiana High School Athletic Association in partnership with the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) wish to announce an important campaign about the values of high school sports for our students. To frame this discussion, the following is offered as context and perspective:
The IHSAA believes that participation in high school sports and activities brings tremendous value to students.
– Higher grades, increased attendance and graduation rates, and improved time management skills
– Improved problem solving skills, social behavior, persistence, creativity and self-control
– Greater sense of belonging and community – a feeling of being part of something bigger than themselves
• To highlight these and countless other benefits of high school sports and activities, we’ve partnered
with the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) to create #MyReasonWhy – a campaign to celebrate all of the reasons why students participate.
• Beginning in October, we will invite students to share their personal reasons for participating in high school sports and activities.
– What motivates them to get out of bed 5 a.m. for swim practice? What drives them to stay home on the weekend to finish their homework so they can make the choir performance during the week? Is it all about making new friends or strengthening a connection with a sibling? Is it simply because it’s fun? Every student has their reason why, and we want to hear as many as we can.
• Students can submit their #MyReasonWhy story throughout the year by visiting nfhs.org/myreasonwhy.
– NFHS will review and select story submissions to be featured in a national campaign in 2017.
• In addition to students, we will encourage everyone – parents, coaches, officials and community members – to share their reasons why they support high school sports and activities by using the hashtag #MyReasonWhy.
Cross Country: Important change this year, the State Tournement will be charging admission at all levels. Also, admission to the Sectionals at Rensselear will be $5